Rules – MILL 2020/2021
• Elbow pads
• Shoulder Pads
• We recommend wearing a supporter.
• Cleats are approved and recommended, but sneakers and turf shoes can be worn.
• Short sticks only, no long poles permitted.
• Game T-shirts will be provided to each acting coach or director. All players must wear their designated color and should be wearing the provided game T-shirt.
• Each team will be guaranteed 8 games.
- The top 8 from each division will make the playoffs which will be held on January 26th and will be single game elimination.
• Two 20 min halves (2 min) halftime.
• 1 timeout per game.
- The clock will run unless under two minutes and the game is 3 goals or less, otherwise a timeout will not be permitted.
• Games to be played every 50 minutes, if time permits, a warmup is allowed.
• If game tied at end of regulation, a 2 minute Sudden Victory Overtime will be played. If still tied, a 3 man Shootout will take place (best of 3). After the 3 players shoot, if still tied, the next to score is the winner.
• During Man Down situations, no less than 2 players at all times no matter how many are serving penalty time. Penalties can be called but teams must have 2 playing defense at all times.
• 10 seconds to clear. Once ball crossed midfield, the team possessing the ball must stay on their offensive end or over and back will be called. If the ball goes back over midfield off of a shot or if the defensive team knocks it over, the play will continue and will not be called over and back.
• At the JV Level and in the 2nd half only, a 4 goal rule will be applied. The team losing by 4 or more goals will get the ball at midfield whether they score or are scored on and until the deficit is cut to 3 or less.
• Indoor Style Goals
• 6 Runners and 1 Goalie
• 2 Players must stay back at all times on both the offensive and defensive end. So, teams will play 4 v 4 at all times unless man down.
• All fouls will be full time serving. Fouls and the penalty times will be at the discretion of the official.
• Fighting - automatic ejection for both players, unless Head Referee rules otherwise
• Unsportsmanlike - 1 to 3 min.
• Unnecessary Roughness - 1 to 3 min.
• Illegal Body Check - 1 to 3 min.
• Boarding - 1 to 3 minutes with a possible ejection.
• Slashing 1 min.
• Cross Checking - 1 to 3 min.
• Tripping - 1 min
• Holding - 30 sec.
• Pushing - 30 sec.
• Offsides - 30 sec.
• Interference - 30 sec.
• Delay of Game - 30 sec.